It's just like summer here - wet and miserable! It was very sunny when I woke up yesterday morning so I jumped out of bed and headed out into the garden as it was clear the good weather wasn't going to last. I dug out the sweet corn plants, cleared weeds from the bottom half (and some of the top half) of the veg garden, cleaned the glass on the greenhouse and did other bits and pieces. This was all before 10.15am as I had to go off and get my hair cut then.
Boy, I was glad I had taken that opportunity as the day turned very wet by late morning and neither of us felt like venturing outside. Instead I did the ironing (last week's!) and some tidying. B brought the dogs out for their daily walk and I managed to wash the floor behind the TV while they were out. That's a nasty job as hairs and all sorts of dirt and muck manage to get in behind the table it sits on.
I also cleaned the oven, another job that isn't exactly my favourite. There must be some way of cooking things in the oven without having them spatter all over the place.
We go through phases of baking, and not baking. We haven't done any for a while. B looked at some flour and discovered little things running around in it with gay abandon. We then looked at all the other types of flour, baking soda and such like in the same cupboard and found similar. It seems that the use-by date is there for some reason and that being 2 or 3 years out of date does matter sometimes! Today I went to Homeware and got some of those plastic click-shut jars for putting future purchases of flour in, and we have resolved to buy it in lower quantities in future. If we run out mid-recipe there is a Centra nearby that can sort us.
Oh, and I bought one of those things Ian says is great for holding spoons on saucepans. I had a choice of pink, pink, pink, .... and then I found baby blue, so bought that.
Anyway, we are all full of hope as the American people have spoken wisely. Other political news here is that the Progressive Democrats have decided to disband.
Sunday 9 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment