Sunday 6 April 2008

Happy birthday to b

Well, it's really exciting to know that it is b's birthday. He hasn't received any presents from any of us (well, Ian has just come back with some jelly babies from the shop for him), but we all told him to have a happy day and then sent him off in the hailstones to walk the dogs. We're kind like that.

I've been cleaning the house today. Ian picked up all the stuff from the floor of his bedroom and I thus managed to hoover the floor. I also went around with a cloth to surfaces that didn't know what a cloth looks like until today. Poor cloth - it is a bit on the black side.

We didn't get the threatened bad weather, except for a couple of small hail showers, but it may be cold tonight and tomorrow. I'm hoping my greenhouse will look after my seeds, and have covered some of them with the green cloth thing that wrapped our
Easter eggs, for extra protection. I planted a blueberry bush yesterday but think it might be hardy enough to endure a cold spell.

The Polish painter came, as promised. He rang to say it would be 6pm before he came, and so it was. He will get back to me with a quotation later in the week. He has a day job, it seems, so this would be done in the evenings and at weekends.

I'll sign off now until next Sunday at the earliest. Committee meetings will dominate this week, but they'll be over by Saturday evening so I'll be able to relax.

No comments: