It is incredibly windy today, with a bitter cold feeling to it. I brought the dogs for a walk and they loved it, but I froze. Leavy doesn't like going outside to relieve herself, so why is she happy to go out in the freezing cold for a run? The river is high, and running very fast, so winter must officially be here.
I'm off to Londinium tomorrow, and on to Bristol on Friday. It's great to be able to check in on-line. I know what seat I'll be sitting on, and only need to be at the airport an hour ahead of time. The HR group from Ireland who are going to this event are heading to see "Hairspray" at the Shaftesbury Theatre tomorrow, so we'll meet up in the centre of London. We reckon that will be our only chance to have a bit of enjoyment as it will be a busy week of workshops.
Bristol should be fun, if Ian gets his passport back from the Ghana embassy in time to go. Otherwise I'll be exploring by myself. It sounds like a nice city. We might even get some Christmas shopping done, though I'm not sure what I need to buy. Anyone any ideas on a present for Gran? Dad "bought" me my present in Chesneau, Kilkenny, last weekend, so that's me fixed up. I've apparently bought him his present too, so that's him fixed up.
I did a spring clean of the kitchen and living room area today, scrubbing floors and walls. The wall tiles in the kitchen are literally sparkling - they must have been very greasy. Unfortunately the dogs don't respect clean things and seem to think it is fine to walk with muddy paws (and stomachs, and ....) on the clean floor, and jump on the furniture.
Gardening today included putting all the spinach plants I had dug up yesterday onto the compost heap. I also dug up some beetroot for today's dinner. The broccoli plants are looking good, but I don't think they will have broccoli on them in time to feed Ian before he goes to Ghana. We'll just have to eat it ourselves, or freeze it for his return.
That's it for now!
Sunday 9 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment