The old American cars on the streets are amazing. We were in one today that brought us to the beach and it was really comfortable inside. The driver had to go very slowly over bumps, though, and there were lots of those. On stretches of road that were approx 100 metres long there was no tarred surface, and these appeared at random intervals. We´ve decided not to hire a car as it would be too difficult to negotiate the roads ourselves.
The other strange thing is the dog population. I must take a photo of the standard dog here as most of them are similar. They are thin, a bit like a taller and thinner version of a terrier. Plenty of them lie around the streets and all seem very passive.
Coffee is served very sweet most of the time as an espresso. At breakfast they serve milky coffee and that is very nice. Yesterday I had to do without it for breakfast and most of the day - I had an espresso in the evening. Tomorrow it is likely to be the same as we set off for a ferry to get us back to mainland Cuba from Isla de Juventud at 6am.
More at a later date......
Tuesday 21 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to the world of blogging, Mrs G!
Glad to hear you're both having fun, I'm quite jealous. It's awfully wet here in Bangor.
Post a Comment