Sunday 17 August 2008

Ian's home, and there are no walls on our shower

Weekends are supposed to be restful. This has not been a restful weekend. As I type I hear bangings upstairs. b has spent most of the weekend working on the shower, with me helping out every now and again. I had a good session of removing plaster off the wall earlier, using a hammer and scraper, and my fingers and wrists are not feeling too good as a result. I think they will be swollen by tomorrow.

I should probably take a photo of what the area looks like, but it is too depressing. However, the good news is that the shower is the source of the musty smell we have been putting up with for some time. We're wearing masks while we work in there as we've released a lot of little microbes from behind the walls so the smell is much worse at the moment. It looks as if it will be a few days before we get back to normal following this. It will all look very different when complete.

I went to Aldi today to get a bargain. It is a leather chair to replace the one I have that is broken. Of course, it came in a box so I had to make it up. I think I've done it OK, though, and it is very comfortable to sit on. It is higher than the last one, and has cushioned arms.



Ian arrived home this afternoon, looking a bit on the tired side. He was the youngest of the group in Norway, but this doesn't seem to have phased him. I've learnt a bit about the week so far, but will learn more over time. I'll try to persuade him to blog about it.

No comments: