Friday 2 May 2008

Since then...

We've been to Wales and had a lovely weekend, C has been offered a job in the Civil Service fast stream, and now I'm off to Toronto tomorrow. I'm sad to be missing a nice long weekend at home but will make the most of it by using the free day before business starts to explore Toronto. We might even get to Niagara Falls on Monday as one of my HR colleagues is keen to go there.

I know it is hard to believe but this week I have been home every evening - no committees or other commitments, just a nice trip home to b and I. The weather hasn't been superb so I haven't made great use of the evenings, except for watching Heroes yesterday! I came home promptly today and did some gardening. The men of the house are under instruction to water plants and to pick up the dogs' unmentionables while I'm away. I must take photos of the greenhouse and post them here. I've managed to grow lots of seeds successfully and hope to have almost too many plants to set out. Today I planted out runner beans that had grown nicely in the warmth. Tomatoes are doing well, though I'll keep them in the greenhouse to ensure a good crop.

Other seeds that are growing in the greenhouse include leeks, broccoli (there is a great crop of purple sprouting broccoli to eat from last year's sowing at the moment), lettuce, peas, sweet corn, courgettes, herbs.

b is off exploring canals with various people who have travelled down in their barges to Limerick today. We'll probably go out for a meal when he gets home.

That's it for now.

No comments: